Alrighty, day 16 here to report pretty much on the hour every hour from 10 AM to 10 PM.
so here is 10 AM before and after I put in fresh flour mix.
I will now put them in consecutive order by the hour, and I tried to keep it so that the picture encompasses solely the exact width of the bowl to be able to tell whether the mixture is expanding or contracting.
At first at 11 AM I thought it looked like it was expanding, because the mixture was clinging onto the walls and sort of everywhere, but then by 1 in the afternoon I realized that the colony seemed to be shrinking. So the colony definitely expanded once more resources were put in; The mixture expanded as the colony grew and continued to create gas bubbles and then began shrinking as the resources were being used and the water was evaporating/ being used.
So the colony has begun to release more gas and as time passes, the mixture is definitely contracting. It is also beginning to dry out as the culture becomes more active.
The colony continues to look like its slowly desiccating, and please don’t mind the ever changing counter top environment.
so the culture looks as if it expanded then contracted, but it definitely had a period where it expanded due to an increase in resources allowing more microbes to exist at once which in turn brought about more air bubbles.